Fox Valley Bicycle & Ski Club (FVBSC) welcomes members of all ages, abilities and interests. Our mission is to encourage safe and fun outdoor recreation. We appreciate the many new members that have joined recently and invite you to our New Rider Clinic on Saturday, April 10th from 3:00-5:00 pm at the Kane County Government Center, 719 Batavia Avenue, Geneva, Illinois.
This clinic is designed for:
- New or beginner cyclists
- Cyclists returning to the sport after an absence
- Cyclists looking for a refresher
The New Rider Clinic will be a 45-minute discussion of basic group riding techniques covering bike safety, communication, group ride etiquette, FVBSC, The Bike Rack and Ride Illinois. After the discussion we will have a short ride on the Fox River Trail 10-12 MPH to practice what we have learned. Bring your bike and helmet and be ready to ride.
· Provide new or beginner cyclists with the basic education they will need to grow their skills, abilities and confidence as they join level-appropriate group rides.
· Learn about Bike Safety, including the Pre-Ride Check and Rules of the Road
· Prepare Yourself and Your Bike for the ride
· Understand Group Riding Etiquette
· Learn the Importance of Communication
· Moving into Wednesday Night Novice/Casual Rides and beyond
All participants are encouraged to learn the Rules of the Road and take the Bike Safety Quiz presented by the Ride Illinois organization before the clinic https://rideillinois.org/safety/bike-safety-quiz/
All participants are also encouraged to watch a 2-minute Pre-Ride Check video on YouTube, presented by The Bike Rack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJmiYFFKB4&t=5s
During this COVID-19 period, please wear a mask during the discussion (not required on the bike) and practice social distancing.
We look forward to seeing you. Please remain safe and ride on!
Please register by 8pm night before.