Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Alpine Valley Ski Day Trip
Please join the FVBSC on a day trip to Alpine Valley Resort in Elkhorn, Wisconsin for downhill skiing and snowboarding. Lift tickets $65 per person. Although the resort opens at 9:00 am, be sure to get there by 8:30 am if renting equipment ($35 per person) as demand is high.
Alpine Valleys’ response to COVID-19 will be ever-changing as new information and guidelines become available from the CDC, State, and Local Health Authorities.
Procedures, and Restrictions
- Face coverings will be required when 6 feet of social distancing between customers and/or staff is not possible. Examples:
The Lift Line
The Chairlift Chair if accompanied by another participant, not in your group
- Be Courteous to others at all times, give people their space – ask about sharing a chairlift prior to getting on.
- In the lift line, maintain a tip to tail distance from people in front of you.
- Tailgating and large group gatherings in the parking lots will not be allowed. Only parties that arrived at the ski area together with can gather. Groups should have no more than 10 individuals outdoors from no more than 2 households.
- More outdoor seating will be available this season.
- Please check the website for posted hours of operation before coming.
Riding Chair Lifts:
- Face coverings must be worn when loading the chair lift and when riding the lift with people not from your party.
- If you come together, please ride the chair lift together - parties/families are encouraged to fill the lift whenever possible
- We ask that single riders load the quad chairs 1 on each side of the chair
- Individual riders that do not want to ride with others will not be forced to
- Realize that this may lead to longer lift lines and a longer wait - anticipate longer waits on weekends and holidays
- The natural distance created between skis and snowboard will allow for social distancing in the lift line from forward and behind - we will also create lift mazes that will assist with socially distancing participants side to side, when inline
- Buildings will have capacity restrictions and only be for dining customers and bathroom use.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except when drinking/eating
- Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available in common areas.
- AVR staff will routinely disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- Seating will be configured to allow for distancing.
Food and Beverage
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except when drinking/eating.
Saturday, March 6, 2021, 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM
Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding
Registration cancellations will be accepted until Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 8:00 PM